Position available at Jabiru College Qld
Our learning community needs a patient, energetic and open minded full time teacher to join us. One of our valued team members has been offered a leadership role in a neighbouring school - an offer they cannot refuse. Fabulous for them... tough timing for us... an opportunity for you?
We are working at the cutting edge of learning and social justice. Perhaps this is the next place for you on your learning journey? Are you looking to facilitate lifelong learning? Do you want to help build a safe and creative community? Would you like to help young people find their passions and take responsibility for their learning?
We are a Big Picture School. We work in a trans-disciplinary way drawing on practice wisdoms from the fields of Community Development, Post-structural Human Centred practice and pedagogies of personalised learning.
This full-time contract position is for 12 months, with the possibility of an extension and is covered under the Educational Services (Teachers) Award, with above award conditions.
We are based in Bracken Ridge, in north Brisbane. We are a young, small community that provides education for 70 young people seeking a flexible, caring and holistic approach to learning. 20% of our current students identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
Applicants must have:
- Either hold or be eligible to obtain registration with Queensland College of Teachers
- A current drivers licence
How to apply for this job:
- If you are interested in joining us, please follow these steps:
- View the position description on the web at: bit.ly/JCCCGC2019
- Email your cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the Position Description and particularly the SKILL AND ATTRIBUTES and a copy of your CV to Emma Chambers (HR Officer) via email@example.com, using the subject line: Community Group Facilitator: Teacher
- Please ensure that your application has up to date phone numbers and email addresses for at least 3 professional referees.
We are flexible with our start date, but would hope that you could start by the beginning of Term 2, 2019. You can also call Emma on 07 3269 0044 for further information.