Work with us
Current employment opportunities with Big Picture Education
Applying to be a preferred provider
Preferred Providers may be those that work or wish to work in the BPE design as:
- school coaches and coaches-in-training
- school leaders
- Student or teacher advisors
- Design consultants
- Innovation specialists
- Other consultants
Current employment opportunities with Schools and Organisations in the Big Picture Education network
Teacher positions - Croydon Community School
Croydon Community School in the outer eastern suburbs of Melbourne is looking to employ three enthusiastic and learner-focused Generalist Teachers. We have two 12 month Graduate positions and one Ongoing position online now at https://www.education.vic.gov.au/hrweb/careers/pages/advacsSCH.aspx?Redi.... You’ll work with the support of Learning Specialists and Leadership to deliver a personalised, interest and passion based learning program under the premise of ‘One student at a time in a community of learners’ and the Big Picture Education distinguishers. For more information about our school please go to our website at www.croydoncs.vic.edu.au
Advisory Teacher positions - Jabiru Community College
Full-time, 3 months probation, 1 Year contract (with a view to extend). Educational Services (Schools) General Award (above award pay and conditions).
Jabiru Community College (JCC) is based in Zillmere, North Brisbane. We are a young, small community that provides education for 75 young people seeking a flexible, caring and holistic approach to learning. 30% of our current students identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander. We also have a growing cohort of young people with diverse genders and sexualities.
Who we are looking for:
Are you passionate about Big Picture ways of learning and helping young people find and learn through their own passions? Are you excited to work collaboratively to help us embed Big Picture learning processes throughout our unique learning environment? Are you committed to self awareness and social justice? We would like to talk with you!
We are looking for a Big Picture Advisor to come on the journey with us as we reimagine quality education for young people on the margins. We are inspired by the educational philosophies and ideas of constructivism - more recently the work of Big Picture Education Australia and others. We hope you will be too.
People who identify as Aboriginal and/ or Torres Strait Islander are strongly encouraged to apply.
The finer details:
The position is a full-time (38 hours per week) for a period of 12 months (3 month probation), with a view to extending beyond this. The position is covered under the Educational Services (Schools) General Staff Award with above award pay and conditions.
The Purpose of this position is to:
- Coordinate an Advisory Group in our unique context.
- Help embed and refine Big Picture Design Principles across the whole school, through
collaborative work with all team members.
- Acknowledge, support and encourage young people's personal agency in learning across all
aspects of their lives from a post-structuralist orientation.
- Work together with staff and young people, using community development principles to build
a community of learners committed to lifelong learning.
Workers in our learning community aspire to the following:
- Contributing to reconciliation processes and working together with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and non-Indigenous communities for the benefit of all of our community members;
- A willingness to listen to, acknowledge and celebrate the diversity of experience of all young people and workers in the community, including those who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, those who come from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those from marginalised or disadvantaged backgrounds and those who have a diversity of gender or sexual identities.
- Listening out for the hopes, dreams, capacities and skills of young people and each other;
- Working in a trans-disciplinary way - sharing with and learning from colleagues from other
disciplines and backgrounds in a team setting;
- Taking care of ourselves and each other and holding on to hope and optimism;
- Being able to work hard to lovingly put our ideas into action.
What you will need:
Applicants must have,
- Paid Employee Working with Children Blue Card Check (authorisation by the Commission for Children & Young People to work with under 18 year olds) or ability to acquire one.
- Knowledge of and commitment to implementing the Big Picture Design for Learning;
- Teaching qualification and eligibility for registration with the QLD College of Teachers;
- Current driver’s license.
How to Express Interest in this Role:
If you are interested in joining us, please follow the steps:
- View the position description on the web at: http://bit.ly/JCCADV2021
- If you want to talk further, call the college on 07 3554 1799 and ask to speak with David or Frances;
- Send an email expressing your interest and with your CV David Powell via email@example.com (Please use Subject Line: EOI - Advisor 2021).