Work with us
Current employment opportunities with Big Picture Education
Applying to be a preferred provider
Preferred Providers may be those that work or wish to work in the BPE design as:
- school coaches and coaches-in-training
- school leaders
- Student or teacher advisors
- Design consultants
- Innovation specialists
- Other consultants
Current employment opportunities with Schools and Organisations in the Big Picture Education network
EOIs Sought - Head of Curriculum
North Brisbane, Queensland
Full-time, 3 months probation, 2 Year contract (with a view to extend). Educational Services (Schools) General Award (above award pay and conditions)
Jabiru Community College (JCC) is based in Zillmere, North Brisbane. We are a young, small community that provides education for 80 young people seeking a flexible, caring and holistic approach to learning. 30% of our current students identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander. We also have a growing cohort of young people with diverse genders and sexualities.We are on a journey as we reimagine quality education for young people on the margins.
Who we are looking for:
Are you passionate about Big Picture ways of learning? Are you excited to work collaboratively to lead the implementation of Big Picture learning processes throughout our unique learning environment? Are you committed to self awareness and social justice?
We would like to talk with you!
We are looking for a Head of Curriculum Teacher to help us apply the Big Picture design principles across our school practices and implement the Big Picture International Learning Credential.
We are inspired by the educational philosophies and ideas of constructivism - more recently the work of Big Picture Education Australia and others. We hope you will be too.
You must have a Teaching qualification and eligibility for registration with the QLD College of Teachers.
People who identify as Aboriginal and/ or Torres Strait Islander are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Express Interest in this Role:
- View the position description on the web at: http://bit.ly/jcchoc2022
- If you want to talk further, call the college on 07 3554 1799 and ask to speak with David or Frances or email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send an email explaining why you are interested in the position and why you would like to work with us, along with your CV to email@example.com
- Interviews in December- position starts 17th January 2022.