Big Picture Summer Institutes coming up in WA, SA and Tasmania
Big Picture Education, in conjunction with partnering universities, is conducting several five day intensive Summer Institutes.
Big Picture Education develops public schools based on research in new designs for education, trains educators to serve as leaders in their schools and communities, and actively engages the public as participants and decision makers in the education of our youth.
Big Picture believes that true learning takes place when each student
is an active participant in their education, when their course of study
is personalised by teachers, parents and mentors who know them well,
and when school-based learning is blended with outside experiences that
heighten the student’s interest.
In our 2009 Summer Institutes, we offer a suite of programs including:
- Personalising learning – Passion, Personal Learning Plans and Advisory Groups
- Adult World Emersion - Learning in the real world – Mentoring, Community and Internships
- Designing Learning to Ensure Academic Rigour – Establishing Learning Goals, personalizing pedagogy, ensuring high quality work, authentic assessment, portfolios and Exhibitions
- Building Relationships – with students, families and communities, each other, universities, mentors and business and cultural institutions
- Leading a Personalised School – Developing leadership potential in principals, teachers, students and mentors; Team Building in schools and communities
Find out more about the Institutes and register by clicking below:
- Unfortunately the South Australia course has been cancelled.
- Western Australia