Give It A Go - Personal Interest Project course
The Big Picture online course for all students to create their own Personal Interest Projects
‘Give It A Go’ is an opportunity for our young people to do learning projects a little differently, both during the Learning from Home period brought about by Covid-19, but also during any phase in the school calendar.
Personal Interest Projects (or ‘PIPS’) aim to give students a go at driving their own learning by giving them time-out from the curriculum and timetabled classes to do learning projects based around their personal interests and passions.
It is hoped that this will bring them satisfaction, joy and insight into their abilities as a person as well as a learner.
While learning from home, each student will be asked to design, research, and carry out a learning project of some personal significance that entails making, doing or presenting a product, testing it, improving it and then exhibiting it at school at the end of Term.
The course includes:
- An illustrated digital presentation to guide students through each step of creating their project
- Templates for project proposals and reflections
- A sample project for inspiration
- Video examples of projects produced by Big Picture students around Australia
- A teacher guide to help manage and implement the course
- A letter to parents so that they can support their children along the way
The course is provided in a digital format that works in your chosen LMS (Google slides/docs based but can be supplied for other platforms)
- Big Picture Partnership schools - free (Contact us directly to get access)
- Big Picture Member schools - $825 inc. gst
- Non-member schools - $1100 inc. gst
Big Picture Education can supply online coaching to help your school implement the course. Our coaches can help :
- extend/deepen student enquiry
- effectively run the exhibition process
- write detailed student narratives.
The course can be supplied as:
- Shareable Google slides/documents for integration into Google Classroom or Gsuite
- Microsoft .pps for embedding into Teams or office 365
- Printable files with MP4 video that can supplied on USB
On purchase we will contact you about the best format to supply the course materials to you.