Run by Big Picture School Coaches Eric Radice and Brooke Burns, the workshop is designed to enhance advisory teachers understanding of what it really means to find, follow and connect with interest and how acts of exploration and noticing are daily work for advisors. Interest exploration never stops!
Throughout the two days participants will consider:
- What it means to really explore interest - both to find it and then to follow it…
- The importance of exploration for the student who claims not to be interested in anything!
- The part ‘doing’ plays in exploring interest.
- How to notice, track and record the learning that happens as we explore.
- How to follow interest all the way into and through an authentic project.
- How using connections beyond the classroom works to enhance the authenticity of projects.
- How – sometimes - an interest can develop and evolve over years.
- Getting clear about the work the advisory teacher does as they work with students.
Participants will be immersed in activities and experiences throughout the workshop to develop a toolkit of resources, protocols and new ideas that enable them to better challenge and support students in their learning journeys.
This is a member only event
Yule Brook College
Maddington, WA 6109-6109
|Per participant for only one participant||$ 480.00 + $ 48.00 GST|
|More than one participant from a school||$ 400.00 + $ 40.00 GST|